|Closing Date:||August 19, 2013|
|Location:||Grande Prairie, Alberta|
|Job Category:||North American Business Unit|
Position: Thread Washer
Objective of the Position: As a field service company we strive to provide superior quality and exceptional value to our clients. This position will be responsible for performing daily light duty maintenance within the shop, cleaning casing/tubing on rig locations, and general administrative reporting.
Location: Based out of Grande Prairie, Alberta
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- A valid class 5 Drivers License is required
- Knowledge of Casing Drilling Systems would be considered an asset
- Previous oilfield experience would be considered an asset
- Forklift/loader experience would be considered an asset
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast pace environment
- Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs. unassisted
- The ability to work in all weather conditions in moderately noisy environment and perform repetitive motions during work.
- Regular out of town work, driving to and from rig locations required with occasional overnight travel
- Ability to work in a team environment
Duties and Responsibilities
- Set up thread washing equipment, remove thread protectors from casing.
- Wash threads using “power Thread washing guns” or by hand with scrub brushes.
- Wipe clean and check for cleanliness of threads.
- The ability to use I.D. calipers to measure the inside diameter of the casing and record findings.
- Apply appropriate thread compound if necessary.
- Keep work area and equipment clean and free from hazards.
- Completing assigned jobs in a safe and timely manner
If you would like to join a team of global leaders in the design, manufacture and service of technology based solutions for the upstream energy industry, submit your resume in confidence using the online application form, before August 19, 2013
Note: if you are unable to submit your application on-line, please print and complete the on-line application form and fax it to Human Resources at (403) 723-7826.
All applicants are thanked in advance, only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. Tesco retains resumes for 6 months should future opportunities arise. Please notify us if you prefer not to have your resume retained.