|Closing Date:||March 24, 2013|
|Job Category:||North American Business Unit|
Position: Manager, Operations
Location: Grande Prairie, Alberta
Objectives of the Position
Responsible for the safe, efficient, cost effective, timely delivery, and invoicing of equipment, and for the shop repairs, field services commissioning, and packaging of TESCO products service department, through the shop department, field department and invoice preparation group: insuring all tech support people are utilized.
Responsible to: General Manager, Canada
· High school diploma supplemented by related training
· Minimum 3 years experience
· Manages supervisors in the shop and field, cost accounting and building maintenance.
· Ensuring supervisors are adhering to their responsibilities as laid out in their job descriptions.
· Ensuring supervisors have the manpower and resources to complete all tasks required by them
· Disciplinary actions, hiring, dismissals in conjunction with Human Resources
· Accountable to the general manager for all shop expenditures and expenses that are made by supervisors
· Final approval on all completed work orders up to $100,000.
· In charge of all field trucks and associated tools and equipment, making sure all are in good repair
· Liaison between customers and supervisors on disagreements
· Training resources and management of training of personnel in our facilities
· In charge of technical support people, utilizing their time and knowledge to the best of their ability
· Ensuring building maintenance representative is keeping the facilities in a professional, neat and safe environment
· Ensuring budgets are adhered to as set out by management and board
· Excellent knowledge of Tesco’s products
Competencies Required For Effective Performance
· Good communication and organizational skills
· Must be a team player.
If you would like to join a team of global leaders in the design, manufacture and service of technology based solutions for the upstream energy industry, submit your resume in confidence using the online application form, before March 24, 2013
Note: if you are unable to submit your application on-line, please print and complete the on-line application form and fax it to Human Resources at (403) 723-7826.
All applicants are thanked in advance, only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. Tesco retains resumes for 6 months should future opportunities arise. Please notify us if you prefer not to have your resume retained.