|Closing Date:||January 23, 2013|
|Job Category:||North American Business Unit|
Position: Material Handler, Warehouse
Location: Leduc, Alberta
Objectives of the Position
Responsible for the day to day activities related to all aspects of shipping, receiving and material handling in the Distribution Centre Warehouse Liasons with all Tesco Divisions, maintaining excellent working relationships.
· Grade 12 or equivalent or enrolment in related professional designation program
· Pick all parts required for to fulfill demand placed onto warehouse.
· Ensure all quantities and parts picked correspond with customers’ pick lists
· Ensure all parts are packed properly and tagged accurately
· Ensure all backordered items on pick lists are identified and clearly marked
· Document all backordered items.
· Assist with investigating and rectifying of all discrepancies
· Perform routine care taking maintenance of warehouse.
· Apprise supervisor on all problems and concerns as they occur immediately
· Load and offload all incoming/outgoing shipments.
· Enters data into system regarding picking and receiving.
· Ensures all related data entry is complete each day.
· Inspect and verify shipments are in good order at the time of receipt
· Ensure all information on packing slips corresponds with purchase order
· Notify supervisor on all discrepancies, damages and any problems or concerns immediately
· Apply applicable shipping/receiving set in-house procedures
· Ensure backorders are filled as soon as inventory is replenished
· Ensure special order items are prioritized, tagged with relevant information and customers are notified immediately
· Ensure freight and express records are maintained daily
· Ensure both incoming/outgoing dangerous goods items are accompanied with the pertinent documentation
· Maintain a safe and clean working environment
· Perform cycle counts and assist with the investigating and solving of discrepancies
· Rotational after hours on call
· Good computer skills.
· Minimum 3 year shipping/receiving and warehousing experience
· Min. 3 yrs experience in inventory control and general warehousing functions.
· Min. 2 yr warehouse forklift operating experience
Competencies Required For Effective Performance
· Continuous process improvement driven.
· Exudes a real “can do” high energy attitude.
· Organized with strong attention to detail.
· Excellent work habits and attendance records.
· Knowledge of oil and gas services industry would be an asset.
· Good interpersonal skills.
· Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs unassisted
If you would like to join a team of global leaders in the design, manufacture and service of technology based solutions for the upstream energy industry, submit your resume in confidence using the online application form, before January 23, 2013
Note: if you are unable to submit your application on-line, please print and complete the on-line application form and fax it to Human Resources at (403) 723-7826.
All applicants are thanked in advance, only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. Tesco retains resumes for 6 months should future opportunities arise. Please notify us if you prefer not to have your resume retained.