|Position:||Financial Accountant - MFG|
|Closing Date:||July 2, 2013|
|Location:||MFG - Calgary|
Position: Financial Accountant - MFG
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Objectives of the Position
Reporting to the Manufacturing Accounting Manager, this position will be involved in various aspects of financial and cost accounting responsibilities, the preparation and analysis of the financial reports. This may include Bank and inter-company transactions, invoicing and expenditures processes, Inventory and WIP management, standard cost and pricing, month/year end closing for Manufacturing, Supply Chain and R&D groups.
Responsible to: Accounting Manager
Internal Relationships: All Manufacturing, R&D and Supply Chain departments
External Relationships: Vendors, Banks, Business units
· University Degree with a major in Accounting
· Professional Accounting designation in process
· Ensure Banks transactions and reconciliations are processed in an efficient, accurate and reliable fashion,
· Ensure that invoices are issued and booked accurately in a timely fashion,
· Ensure that expenditures are recorded booked accurately,
· Ensure that inter-company transactions are reconciled with other BU’s, are accurate and reliable.
· Ensure inventory, WIP and project transactions are processed accurately
· Be an active actor of the month end closing process and reporting, ensuring that corporate calendar, management and SOX requirements are fulfilled according with internal and corporate calendars,
· Performs inventory and WIP reconciliation
· Prepare GL accounts reconciliation and analysis
· Tasks will be organized based on past experience and area of best expertise of the candidate. Other duties as assigned.
Competencies Required For Effective Performance
· Detailed and attentive in carrying out responsibilities in a team environment
· Excellent time management skills
· Proactive, organized
· Strategic approach to completing tasks
· Excellent communication skills in both written and verbal form
· Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to interact with a variety of individuals
· possess strong communication, teamwork and technical skills
If you would like to join a team of global leaders in the design, manufacture and service of technology based solutions for the upstream energy industry, submit your resume in confidence using the online application form, before July 2, 2013
Note: if you are unable to submit your application on-line, please print and complete the on-line application form and fax it to Human Resources at (403) 723-7826.
All applicants are thanked in advance, only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. Tesco retains resumes for 6 months should future opportunities arise. Please notify us if you prefer not to have your resume retained.