|Closing Date:||May 1, 2014|
Position: Cost Accountant
AX Title: Accountant I
Location: Calgary, AB
Objectives of the Position
Maintain standard cost and transfer prices, manage projects costing, perform production and purchase price variances analysis including top drive production cost review, reconcile inventory and WIP.
Responsible to: Controller
· Degree with Major in Accounting and/or Finance
· Professional Accounting designation in process is an asset
· Maintain standard cost based on creation request or purchasing transactions or BOM update
· Manages, review and reconcile project costing
· Perform production cost review, production variance and purchase price variance analysis and provide Management with analytical and variance reports for decision making
· Reconcile inventory and WIP in a SOX environment
· Identify manufacturing business processes bottlenecks
· Develop, recommend and implement process improvements
· Be an active actor of the month end closing process and reporting, ensuring that corporate calendar, management and SOX requirements are fulfilled according with internal and corporate calendars,
· Tasks will be organized based on past experience and area of best expertise of the candidate. Other duties as assigned.
Competencies Required For Effective Performance
· 2 to 3 year prior experience in cost accounting function is required, familiar with inventory and WIP reconciliation process in an manufacturing environment
· Knowledge of Dynamics AX ERP is considered a definite asset
· Proficiency with Excel spreadsheets
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Good general knowledge of office procedures
· Reliable and analytical, focused “attention to detail”
· Solid organizational skills to support management of multiple priorities efficiently in a high volume, deadline driven, fast paced and team environment
· Adaptable to change, Flexible – Multi Task
· Self-directed and problem solving mind set
If you would like to join a team of global leaders in the design, manufacture and service of technology based solutions for the upstream energy industry, submit your resume in confidence using the online application form, before May 1, 2014
Note: if you are unable to submit your application on-line, please print and complete the on-line application form and fax it to Human Resources at (403) 723-7826.
All applicants are thanked in advance, only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. Tesco retains resumes for 6 months should future opportunities arise. Please notify us if you prefer not to have your resume retained.