|Position:||Mechanical Engineer - CDS|
|Closing Date:||February 1, 2014|
Position: Mechanical Eng. – CDS Specialist
Location: Calgary, AB - MFG
Objectives of the Position
TESCO is looking for a Mechanical Engineer to join the Sustaining Engineering team, reporting to the Lead Mechanical Engineer. The Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for the Casing Drive System Product Line: guiding the evolution of the product’s design; providing advice for production issues; and ensuring product performance in field applications.
Responsible to: Mechanical Engineer Manager
· Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering with 4 years’ experience.
· 3 years oilfield industry experience in a manufacturing environment or in a design capacity.
· Good knowledge of industry standards such as API, ASME, AWS, CWB, OH&S, ANSI, etc.
· Excellent computer skills, particularly related to CAD and engineering software.
· Working knowledge of oilfield drilling equipment.
· Good understanding of manufacturing, fabrication, machining, and assembly processes.
· Registered (or eligible for registration) with APEGA as a Professional Engineer.
· Be the company expert on the CDS mechanical design and applications.
· Be the focal point for continuous improvement (LEAN) to the CDS design.
· Develop and maintain roadmap for product improvements and cost reductions.
· Ensure product compliance with various global standards including API, CE, ATEX, and IECEx.
· Evaluate alternative design improvements and undertake the necessary feasibility studies, design calculations and stress analyses to ensure product integrity.
· Initiate design changes and manage change process through to implementation.
· Prepare and maintain product line models and drawings using 3D CAD, with the assistance of junior engineers, EIT’s and designers.
· Review and authenticate professional documents and drawings pertaining to the product line.
· Assist sales, production, quality and field support teams with the resolution of technical issues.
· Reinforce commitment to TESCO’s core cultural values.
Competencies Required For Effective Performance
· Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
· Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers and managers.
· Have a positive attitude and be a team player.
· Strong customer and stakeholder focus.
· Excellent organizational skills.
· Ability to work in a fast paced manufacturing environment.
· Work with minimal supervision.
If you would like to join a team of global leaders in the design, manufacture and service of technology based solutions for the upstream energy industry, submit your resume in confidence using the online application form, before February 1, 2014
Note: if you are unable to submit your application on-line, please print and complete the on-line application form and fax it to Human Resources at (403) 723-7826.
All applicants are thanked in advance, only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. Tesco retains resumes for 6 months should future opportunities arise. Please notify us if you prefer not to have your resume retained.