|Closing Date:||December 1, 2013|
Position: QA Engineer
Location: Manufacturing Facility – Calgary, Alberta
AX Title: Engineer II
Objectives of the Position
Reporting to the QA Manager, the QA Engineer will be responsible for maintaining the highest level of quality for Tesco and our Customer.
Responsible to: QA Manager
Internal Relationships: Co-workers, Shop floor personnel, Engineering, management
External Relationships: Business unit personnel, customers, vendors
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Quality Assurance / Quality Control field
- Post-Secondary education in a related technical field (Engineering Degree, Technology Diploma)
- Registered APEGA Professional Engineer will be asset.
- Certified Auditor
- Coordinate quality assurance and quality control activities
- Create Build Book, Data book, and IRNs (Internal Release Notes – QC Records)
- Perform QC inspection – machined and fabricated parts and assemblies if needed
- Provide inspection, and technical support to Document controller and to QC Inspectors
- May need to perform in process QC inspection on Production Floor
- Implement Company Quality Manual, Quality and Inspection Plan
- Assist with conducting quality audits, identifying, documenting, and providing solutions for Non Conformances (NCR’s) Corrective Actions (CAR’s) & Preventive Actions (PAR’s)
- Assist with orientation of new personnel and establishing Quality Metrics, Scorecards etc.
- Coordinate all Inspection activities detailed in Quality Plans and ITP’s
- Perform vendor’s audits/approval and Monitor vendors and ensure they are following TESCO requirements, ITPs etc...
- Monitor material receiving and document control activities
- Perform any other reasonable tasks as assigned by the QA/QC Engineering Manager
- Ability to read, interpret and apply Codes, Standards, Specifications and Drawings;
- Computer knowledge with Proficiency in MS Office ( Word, Excel & Outlook) is a plus
- Knowledge of NDT methods and applications
- Knowledge of API 8C, ASTM, API Spec Q1, ISO 9001
Competencies Required For Effective Performance
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to work with diverse personalities and background with tact and diplomacy;
- Resourceful and maintains professional and technical skills
- Supervisory experience would be an asset
- Knowledge of quality management systems
- Well-developed administrative, planning and organizational skills, able to maintain traceability of documentation, computer skill
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and meet deadlines
- Ability to prioritize a number of tasks and complete a variety of work assignments within structured deadlines
If you would like to join a team of global leaders in the design, manufacture and service of technology based solutions for the upstream energy industry, submit your resume in confidence using the online application form, before December 1, 2013
Note: if you are unable to submit your application on-line, please print and complete the on-line application form and fax it to Human Resources at (403) 723-7826.
All applicants are thanked in advance, only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. Tesco retains resumes for 6 months should future opportunities arise. Please notify us if you prefer not to have your resume retained.