|Position:||Lead Mechanical Engineer - Product|
|Closing Date:||February 1, 2014|
Position: Lead Mechanical Eng. – Product
AX Title: Lead Engineer
Location: MFG-Calgary, AB
Objectives of the Position
The Lead Mechanical Engineer – Product Team oversees the team of Engineers and EIT’s who are responsible for Tesco’s products in production. This team is responsible for maintaining and improving each product’s design and for facilitation production.
Responsible to: Mechanical Engineering Manager and Sustaining Engineering.
Internal Relationships: Fellow engineers, drafting personnel, shop floor personnel, management, QC personnel, supply chain and sale
External Relationships: Business unit personnel, Customer representatives.
· Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering with 10 years of experience
· 5 -10 years oilfield industry experience in a manufacturing environment in a design capacity
· Good knowledge of industry standards such as API, ASME, AWS, CWB, OH&S, ANSI, etc.
· Excellent computer skills, particularly related to CAD and engineering software
· Working knowledge of oilfield and drilling equipment
· Good understanding of manufacturing, fabrication, machining, and assembly processes
· Registered (or eligible for registration) with APEGGA as Professional Engineer
· Experience in Hydraulic, Welding, Material, or Structural Analysis is an asset
· Perform initial investigation and/or root cause analysis for any Non Conformance.
· Administer the Non Conformance Reports (NCR); by filling in all technical issues on an NCR and submitting it to your Supervisor.
· Provide technical support to your Supervisor throughout the NCR submission, and resolution.
· Participate in the NCR audit or satisfaction survey by providing feedback on the process. This may include feedback on the long term solution and its effectiveness.
· Participate in any NCR related training.
· Manage the activities of the team ensuring that corporate objectives and targets are met
· Coach the team through resolving issues; and evaluating and implementing product improvements
· Ensure that the team is following good engineering practice, review and approve their work, and verify that calculations and changes are properly documented in ECN’s
· Work with team to ensure compliance with appropriate codes and industry standards
· Coordinate engineering assistance to production and quality department.
· Manage engineering projects from initial contract to project completion and equipment delivery
· Work closely with other departments to improve procedures and processes within Tesco’s manufacturing facility
· Initiate product improvements
Competencies Required For Effective Performance
· Excellent technical and organizational skills
· Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers and managers
· Excellent problem solving abilities (theoretical and practical)
· Ability to manage multiple tasks
· Work with minimal supervision
If you would like to join a team of global leaders in the design, manufacture and service of technology based solutions for the upstream energy industry, submit your resume in confidence using the online application form, before February 1, 2014
Note: if you are unable to submit your application on-line, please print and complete the on-line application form and fax it to Human Resources at (403) 723-7826.
All applicants are thanked in advance, only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. Tesco retains resumes for 6 months should future opportunities arise. Please notify us if you prefer not to have your resume retained.