|Closing Date:||April 1, 2014|
Position: QC Manager
AX Title: Manager, QHSE
Location: Calgary, AB
Objectives of the Position
The QC Manager will be responsible for managing and maintaining the TMF Quality Control System.
Responsible to: Director QA/QC Engineering
Internal Relationships: Co-workers, Shop floor personnel, Engineering, Supply Chain, management
External Relationships: Business unit personnel, customers, vendors
- Minimum 5 yearsí experience in Quality Control field in management capacity
- Post-Secondary education in a related technical field (Engineering Degree, Technology Diploma)
- Certified Auditor
- Develop, maintain and improve TMF Quality Control System in accordance to the requirements of API Spec Q1
- Responsible for conducting quality audits, identifying, documenting, and providing solutions for Non Conformances (NCRís) Corrective Actions (CARís) & Preventive Actions (PARís)
- Coach, train and manage TMF and Business Units quality control departments
- Responsible for internal and external product traceability and process audits
- Responsible for developing and maintaining Quality Metrics, Scorecards etc
- Coordinate all Inspection activities detailed in Quality Plans and ITPís
- Manager third and second party inspection companies
- Perform vendorís audits/approval and Monitor vendors quality performance to ensure they are following TESCO Quality requirements
- Perform any other reasonable tasks as assigned by the QA/QC Director.
- Conduct performance reviews, and based on the performance review create individual developmental plan.
- Plan, develop, and execute team building activities
Competencies Required For Effective Performance
- Well-developed administrative, planning and organizational skills
- Ability to read, interpret and apply Codes, Standards, Specifications and Drawings;
- Computer knowledge with Proficiency in MS Office ( Word, Excel & Outlook) is a plus
- Knowledge of NDT methods and applications
- Knowledge of API 8C, ASTM, API Spec Q1, ISO 9001
- Knowledge of quality management systems
- Sound decision maker with advanced problem solving skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and meet deadlines
- Ability to prioritize a number of tasks and complete a variety of work assignments within structured deadlines
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to work with diverse personalities and background with tact and diplomacy
- Resourceful and maintains professional and technical skills
If you would like to join a team of global leaders in the design, manufacture and service of technology based solutions for the upstream energy industry, submit your resume in confidence using the online application form, before April 1, 2014
Note: if you are unable to submit your application on-line, please print and complete the on-line application form and fax it to Human Resources at (403) 723-7826.
All applicants are thanked in advance, only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. Tesco retains resumes for 6 months should future opportunities arise. Please notify us if you prefer not to have your resume retained.