|Closing Date:||December 13, 2012|
Position: Facilities Manager - Manufacturing
Objectives of the Position
Oversees the maintenance activities of the Manufacturing Facility; responsible for efficiently and economically maintaining in good repair all mechanical and electrical fixtures, installations and the overall building. This is to be accomplished utilizing continuous improvement strategies, keeping up with regulations and codes but also developing sound relationships within the organization. The successful candidate will establish and maintain best operational practices so that the safety, quality, efficiency and productivity of work are ensured and sustained
Responsible to: Director of Manufacturing
Internal Relationships: Engineers, Buyers, Production, Warehouse
External Relationships: Vendors and contractors.
· Industrial or Manufacturing Engineer or Engineering Technologist with a minimum of 3-5 years of experience – will consider Tradesperson with relevant project management experience
Principal Tasks & Responsibilities
· Establish, with the help of the Director of Manufacturing, an annual maintenance plan and budget
· Coordinating, preparing and submitting working cost and capital budgets and analyzing and reviewing on a monthly basis.
· Preparing and implementing short, medium and long term maintenance and operation service plans and capital repair and expansion projects
· Ensures that all work performed complies with governing practices and legislation
· Provide direction, motivation and technical support to skilled and semi-skilled staff for the purpose of maintaining the plant, equipment and service functions.
· Participate in the re-engineering of equipment to satisfy requirements, improve reliability and minimize risk.
· Provide immediate response to operational maintenance concerns to ensure minimal interruptions in production.
· Interact with manufacturers and vendors for equipment quotes, maintenance, warranty, contracts, modification and improvements.
· Negotiate relevant vendor contacts
· Maintain in good repair all production, packaging, storage, shipping and material handling equipment and machines as well as the physical plant;
· Maintain a high standard of sanitation, housekeeping and cleanliness within the maintenance shop and related equipment areas within the facility.
Competencies Required For Effective Performance
- MS office proficiency with Outlook, Word, Excel (intermediate to advanced), PowerPoint. Working knowledge of Projectwise is also an asset.
· Critical thinking and problem solving skills
· Excellent organizational skills
· Positive attitude and is a Team player
· Skill in motivating and coaching others
· Strong customer and stakeholder focus
· Ability to work in a fast paced manufacturing environment
If you would like to join a team of global leaders in the design, manufacture and service of technology based solutions for the upstream energy industry, submit your resume in confidence using the online application form, before December 13, 2012
Note: if you are unable to submit your application on-line, please print and complete the on-line application form and fax it to Human Resources at (403) 723-7826.
All applicants are thanked in advance, only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. Tesco retains resumes for 6 months should future opportunities arise. Please notify us if you prefer not to have your resume retained.