|Position:||Journeyman Milllwright - Afternoon Shift|
|Closing Date:||December 1, 2013|
Position: Journeyman Millwright/Mechanic (Afternoon 3pm-1:30am)
Location: Calgary, AB
Objectives of the Position
The primary function in this role is to perform advanced assembly and troubleshooting tasks related to the assembly of top drives, casing drilling tools, rigs, PPM machines and un-heading equipment. The Journeyman must be able to work in an independent manner with a minimum of supervision. The Journeyman will be required to mentor apprentice millwrights. Duties include, but are not limited to, those outlined in the principal tasks section.
Responsible to: Production Foreman
· The employee must have a valid journeyman millwright certificate issued by the
· Completion of the company safety training program
· Advanced layout work and fabrication
· Material preparation including sawing, drilling and fabrication.
· Advanced rigging and overhead crane operation
· Assembly of hydraulic power units (diesel and electric), gear boxes, pumps, top drives, surface and downhole tools, and related components
· Hydraulic component and system installation and troubleshooting
· Hydraulic pipe, tubing, and process pipe plumbing
· Refrigeration system installation
· Stationary engine installation including cooling, fuel, electrical, exhaust and intake systems
· Heat exchanger installation
· Mentor Apprentice Millwrights
Competencies Required For Effective Performance
· Adhere to company safety policies and demonstrate safe working practices
· Ability to properly use hand tool, power tools, measuring instruments
· Proficient in reading and understanding advanced production prints, hydraulic and electrical schematics
· Basic knowledge of alignment, equipment levelling and power transmission components
· Knowledge of lubrication and lubricants
· Basic knowledge of non-destructive testing procedures, including documentation of tests and components
· Manual lifting of materials up to the limits allowed by the appropriate government regulations
· Must have proper tools as per the company tool list for journeyman millwright
If you would like to join a team of global leaders in the design, manufacture and service of technology based solutions for the upstream energy industry, submit your resume in confidence using the online application form, before December 1, 2013
Note: if you are unable to submit your application on-line, please print and complete the on-line application form and fax it to Human Resources at (403) 723-7826.
All applicants are thanked in advance, only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. Tesco retains resumes for 6 months should future opportunities arise. Please notify us if you prefer not to have your resume retained.