|Closing Date:||November 4, 2012|
Position: Office Manager
Location: Manufacturing Facility -
Objectives of the Position
The Office Manager is responsible for managing all office operations and supervising the Receptionist/Administrative Assistant, Records Management Assistant, and Documents Production Assistant functions for the Calgary offices.
Responsible to: Controller, Tesco Manufacturing Division
Relationships: Internal – Interacts with all members of the TMF organization
External – Office supply and support vendors
Education, Qualifications, Experience
· 5+ years’ experience in office management with some supervisory experience preferred.
· Must have strong communication, leadership and interpersonal skills
· Be a results oriented team player who can work collaboratively with all levels of senior management, staff and vendor service providers.
· Present a professional demeanor and have a high independent working style; demonstrate reliability and ability to adapt quickly to change.
· Demonstrate initiative, flexibility and have effective problem solving skills.
· Have a pro-active approach and ability to develop, improve and implement change of internal processes and policies as necessary.
· Make timely and sometimes difficult decisions; seeks and accepts input from others.
· Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks with strict deadlines, and perform work within strict confidence.
· Demonstrate excellent organizational and time management skills, enjoying a variety of duties and challenges.
· Cover the Receptionist’s role on short notice
· Take a proactive approach while collaborating with maintenance manager, head of security and safety representative to ensure the smooth and safe day-to-day operations of the business.
· Adjust and effectively respond to the ever changing needs of staff and work environment. Assist in resolving complex and/or sensitive issues related to staff and office operations.
· Liaise with maintenance, I.T. and human resources identifying the needs of every employee and ensuring that all technology, information access rights, office space, furniture, safety equipment and office supplies are in place for new employees and changing roles within the organization.
· Direct and collaborate with vendor service providers, including office security, cleaners, coffee, shredding, uniform, and courier services, to maintain corporate standards. Obtain price quotes and work with supply chain to negotiate vendor contracts as required.
· Consult with maintenance manager to quickly determine and resolve all office facility maintenance related issues and requests.
· Develop new processes, protocols and templates to enhance existing systems and ensure continuity in administration functions while identifying those requiring improvement, implementing changes as necessary.
· Manage and ensure that office facility including reception area, boardrooms, kitchens, storage areas are all maintained in good order.
· Ensure proper functioning and maintenance of office equipment and phone system in collaboration with IT.
· Manage, recommend and purchase office furniture and equipment, as well as personal protective equipment.
· Financial responsibilities include managing office related expenditures, procurement card, approving and assisting with preparation and processing of expense reports; coding and approving vendor invoices relating to office services. Monitor and control work related expenses to maintain costs at satisfactory levels.
· Manage and allocate office work space, access cards, building/office keys, coveralls and personal safety equipment as required.
· Liaise with H.R. to prepare and process new employee information, and provide orientation to ensure understanding concerning processes and office protocols within the business unit.
· Maintain vital information and listings including business contacts, building access cards and codes, floor plans, office keys, and various employee related lists.
Administrative Supervisory Tasks
· Direct and oversee the day-to- day work and responsibilities of reception and administrative staff.
· Implement standardized receptionist and administrative procedures and protocols in Calgary offices.
· Supervise full-time receptionist, Records Management Assistant, Documents Production Assistant, and temporary administrative support staff as needed; lead, cross-train and build strong teams to support all administrative functions.
· Execute annual performance reviews.
· Ensure that Receptionist/Administrative Assistant area of responsibilities are covered, and the procedure manual is maintained.
Competencies Required For Effective Performance
Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs – Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
If you would like to join a team of global leaders in the design, manufacture and service of technology based solutions for the upstream energy industry, submit your resume in confidence using the online application form, before November 4, 2012
Note: if you are unable to submit your application on-line, please print and complete the on-line application form and fax it to Human Resources at (403) 723-7826.
All applicants are thanked in advance, only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. Tesco retains resumes for 6 months should future opportunities arise. Please notify us if you prefer not to have your resume retained.