|Position:||Lead Electrical Engineer - R&D|
|Closing Date:||April 1, 2014|
Position: Lead Electrical Engineer - R&D
AX Title: Lead Engineer
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Objectives of the Position
Objectives of the Position
As a lead electrical engineer working in sustaining engineering department you will be responsible for managing electrical engineering team consisted of professional engineers, designers and drafters. You will be responsible for managing engineering projects from initial contract to project completion and equipment delivery.
Responsible to: Director, R&D
Internal Relationships: Co-workers, shop floor personnel, management
External Relationships: Business unit personnel, field support personnel, customer representatives, supplier representatives
· Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering with 10 years of experience.
· Registered (or eligible for registration) with APEGGA as Professional Engineer.
· 5-10 years oilfield industry experience in a manufacturing environment in a design capacity
· Good knowledge of industry standards and codes such as CSA, IEC, ATEX, NEC, API, ANSI, etc.
· Excellent computer skills, particularly related to CAD and engineering software.
· Working knowledge of oilfield and drilling equipment.
· Good understanding of manufacturing, fabrication, and assembly processes.
· Coordinate and supervise team of engineers, designers and drafters.
· Approve and be professionally responsible for drawings, schematics, PLC/VFD software and technical documents.
· Define project scope and customer requirements.
· Generate project plans, test plans and risk-assessments.
· Prepare specifications for parts and top drive components.
· Responsible for maintenance of engineering files, drawings, schematics and procedures.
· Work closely with engineers & designers to ensure compliance with appropriate codes and industry standards.
· Work closely with other departments to improve procedures and processes within Tesco’s manufacturing facility.
· Initiate product improvements.
· Mentor less experience personnel
Competencies Required For Effective Performance
· Excellent knowledge of the Canadian electrical code, IEC,ATEX, NEC.
· Experience designing equipment for hazardous environments.
· Working knowledge of Labview software and
· Excellent drafting skills with AutoCAD and/or Microstation.
· Technical expertise in three or more of the following areas:
o Programmable Logic Controllers and MMI/HMI Graphic Systems
o Design and implementation of SCADA software and Graphical User Interface (GUI)
o Experienced with motor controls and Low Voltage Variable Frequency Drives
o Induction and Permanent Magnet Motor technology, flux orientation and optimization.
o Distributed Control Systems
o Motion Control
o Experienced with flow measurement and control of hydraulic systems, directional control valves, flow control valves, and hydraulic pumps.
o Top Drive Applications
· Excellent technical and organizational skills
· Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers and managers.
· Excellent problem solving abilities (theoretical and practical)
· Ability to manage multiple tasks
· Work with minimal supervision
If you would like to join a team of global leaders in the design, manufacture and service of technology based solutions for the upstream energy industry, submit your resume in confidence using the online application form, before April 1, 2014
Note: if you are unable to submit your application on-line, please print and complete the on-line application form and fax it to Human Resources at (403) 723-7826.
All applicants are thanked in advance, only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. Tesco retains resumes for 6 months should future opportunities arise. Please notify us if you prefer not to have your resume retained.