|Position:||Electrical Engineer R & D|
|Closing Date:||February 10, 2013|
Position: Electrical Engineer R & D
Location: Manufacturing Facility -
Objectives of the Position
Responsible to design & document the electrical designs related to oil field drilling equipment, supervise the assembly of prototype units and manage projects at subcontractors
Responsible to: Director, R&D
Internal Relationships: Co-workers, shop floor personnel, management
External Relationships: Business unit personnel, field support personnel, customer representatives, supplier representatives
· Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
· Registered with APEGGA as professional Engineer
· Devise new approaches or apply existing criteria in a new manner and make sound conclusions for comparative designs
· Select and manage subcontractors during the manufacture of prototype equipment
· Prepare and maintain equipment layouts and schematics using cad software
· Prepare design calculations
· Prepare, design, write and maintain
· Provide Engineering support for the selection, installation, commissioning and solutions related to flux vector drives.
· Select electrical components and materials
· Work closely with other Engineers to ensure designs meet appropriate codes and standards
· Review the work of other designers for technical accuracy
· Initiate Engineering changes to improve product design and/or documents
· Resolve problems during assembly on the shop floor
· Assist co-workers to resolve electrical issues in the field
· Mentor less experienced personnel
· 10+ years of design experience in a manufacturing environment of which at least 2 years are on oilfield equipment
· Excellent knowledge of the Canadian electrical code, IEC and NEC.
· Hands on experience with shop floor practices is essential
· Excellent drafting skills with AutoCAD
· Working knowledge of Labview software and
· Experience with designing equipment for hazardous environments is essential.
· Experience with preparing/designing equipment for the European market would be considered as an asset
· Previous project management experience is essential.
Competencies Required For Effective Performance
· Excellent organizational skills
· Excellent problem solving skills (theoretical & practical)
· Innovative spirit
· Work with minimal supervision
· Excellent communication skills in English in both written and verbal form
If you would like to join a team of global leaders in the design, manufacture and service of technology based solutions for the upstream energy industry, submit your resume in confidence using the online application form, before February 10, 2013
Note: if you are unable to submit your application on-line, please print and complete the on-line application form and fax it to Human Resources at (403) 723-7826.
All applicants are thanked in advance, only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. Tesco retains resumes for 6 months should future opportunities arise. Please notify us if you prefer not to have your resume retained.